소식 & 이벤트

Transformation Isn’t Just For Sponsored Children 단지 후원 어린이를 위한 것뿐만이 아닌 변화
 작성자 : KAFHI
작성일 : 2015-11-05     조회 : 4,987  

(by Bonnie Lewis on OCTOBER 21, 2015 in SPONSOR IMPACT, WORLD POVERTY)

As a newlywed and fresh seminary student, I found myself grasping for my own ways to live out the Gospel. My husband and I both grew up in Christian homes and had served, interned, done all the Sunday classes and missionary trips. We wanted more. We wanted to give beyond the bounds of our church, in a way that was meaningful and connected. We wanted to be helping someone in a long-term relationship, not simply a short-term mission trip.

At the time, I worked for a Christian publishing company and we had partnerships with many para-church organizations that were aimed at helping poor and needy people. At the same time, God began stirring up something in our hearts—a burden for those less fortunate, to help those who were forgotten. I had no idea where to begin and felt overwhelmed by conviction and empathy. I turned my research to the organizations that my company had partnered with. We wanted to find an organization to invest in that met three criteria:

1. Aimed at empowering communities through the Gospel
2. Provided sustainable solutions
3. A heavy emphasis on relationships

Surprised by the Research

As I began my research, I assumed that no organization would have all three of these criteria. I felt that they were all very crucial to meaningful work, but being a church kid long enough, I knew that no organization was perfect. I was expecting to have to make compromises on a few of these points, but I wasn’t sure which ones they would be, or to what degree.

I’ll never forget when my research turned to Food for the Hungry: I was on a family vacation and I started digging through the website, reading blogs, gathering information and all the statistics that I could. I was amazed that Food for the Hungry not only met these three criteria, but did it in a way that expanded my horizons. They were (and still are!) an organization that focused on relationships between children and their sponsors, providing sustainable solutions so that the community may one day thrive, and doing it all through the saving message of Jesus. I knew immediately that partnering with Food for the Hungry not only meant that we could stand behind the company and their initiatives, but that Child Sponsorship allowed us to become part of something much bigger than simply a monthly donation.

Child Sponsorship Transformed Our Thinking

My husband and I looked through the list of children available for sponsorship and chose an Ethiopion boy named Roba. We began praying for Roba and his family, and that the funds would supply the exact needs of Roba and his community to thrive and grow. The first correspondence we got from Roba was eight years ago, and now we still receive updates and he has become a household name. His picture is up in our house and at times when he needed more specific prayer, we placed his picture in our car so that we would be praying for him all day. Now, our 5-year-old son prays for Roba at mealtime, we discuss Roba’s love for soccer, and for continued protection and health against malaria.

The education regarding real needs and solutions that Food for the Hungry has provided has allowed our understanding of different parts of the world to expand. Food for the Hungry’s mission and programs have become a crucial platform in teaching our own son about God’s global family. Our partnership with Food for the Hungry has started engaging discussions, transformed the way we give gifts, and has widened the depth and breadth of the Gospel in our hearts. Because of the unique focus on relationships that Food for the Hungry has when it comes to Child Sponsorship, we are grateful that Roba and his family feel like they are a part of ours—just the way that God intended His people to love one another.

You can welcome a child like Roba into your life by sponsoring a child right now.

신혼부부이자, 신학대학원 신입생으로서 저는 복음으로 사는 방법을 발견했습니다.
저와 남편은 기독교 가정에서 훈련받고, 배우며 모든 주일 예배와 단기선교에 참석하며 자라왔습니다.
저희는 교회차원의 것을 넘어선 의미있고, 연결된 그 이상의 것을 원했습니다.
저희는 장기적인 관계이며 단기간의 선교가 아닌 방법으로 누군가를 돕고 싶었습니다.

그 때, 저는 기독교 출판사에서 일했고 가난한 사람들과 도움이 필요로 하는 사람들을 돕는 교회들과 협력관계에 있었습니다.
동시에 하나님께서 제 마음에 가난하여 도움이 필요한 어려운 사람들에 대한 마음의 부담을 주셨습니다.
저는 확신과 공감대로 가득 차 있었지만 어디에서부터 시작해야할지 몰랐습니다.
저는 우리 회사와 협력관계에 있는 단체에 대해 조사하기 시작했습니다.
우리는 3가지 조건을 충족하는 단체를 찾아 후원하기 원했습니다.

첫째, 복음으로 공동체를 세워가는 것을 목적으로 둘 것
둘째, 지속가능한 해결책을 제공할 것
셋째, 관계성을 강조할 것

조사 후 놀라운 점

제가 연구를 시작했을 때, 이러한 3가지 조건을 모두 충족하는 단체는 없을 것이라고 가정했습니다.
이 3가지 모두 의미 있는 사역을 위해 매우 중요하지만 완벽한 단체는 없고 아이들을 전도하여 크리스천으로 만드는 것 만으로도
충분하다는 생각을 했습니다. 그래서 저는 이들 중 몇 가지를 절충하여야 한다고 생각하고 있었습니다.
그러나 어떤 것을 어느 정도로 해야 할 지 몰랐습다.

저는 국제기아대책에 대해 조사했던 그 때를 절대 잊을 수 없을 것입니다.
저는 가족연휴동안 웹사이트를 찾고, 블로그를 읽고 모든 통계자료를 모으며 제가 찾을 수 있는 모든 정보를 모았습니다.
저는 위의 3가지 조건을 모두 충족하고, 제 관점을 넘어서서 활동하고 있는 기아대책 자료를 보며 깜짝 놀라게 되었습니다.
그들은 아이들과 후원자들의 관계에 중점을 두고 지속가능한 해결책을 제공함으로써 공동체를 세워가며 복음을 전하는 일을 하고 있었습니다.
저는 기아대책과의 협력이 그 단체와 그들의 새로운 계획들을 지지하는 것 뿐 만 아니라 아이들을 후원하는 것이 매 달 후원 그 단순한 것을 넘어서서
더 큰 무엇을 우리에게 준다는 것을 깨달았습니다.

우리의 생각을 변화시킨 어린이 결연

저와 남편은 후원 가능한 아이들을 보다가 Roba라는 이디오피아 소년을 선택했습니다.
저희는 Roba와 그의 가족들, 그리고 우리의 후원금이 Roba와 그의 공동체의 필요와 성장을 위해 필요한 정확한 곳에 공급되어지기를 기도했습니다.
우리가 8년전에 Roba로부터 첫 번째 소식을 받았고 지금까지도 소식을 받고 있으며, 그는 우리 가족구성원이 되었습니다.
그의 사진이 우리집에 걸려있는데 그가 구체적인 중보가 필요하여 요청 할 때마다 우리는 그의 사진을 차에두고 하루종일 기도합니다.
5살된 아들도 식사시간에 Roba를 위해 기도하고, 우리는 Roba가 좋아하는 축구 이야기도 나누고, Roba가 말라리아로부터 안전하기를 위해서도 기도합니다.

기아대책이 제공하고 있는 실제 필요와 해결책에 관련된 교육은 세계 다른 부분에 대한 이해의 폭을 넓혀줬습니다.
기아대책의 목표와 프로그램은 우리 아들에게 하나님 안에서 맺어진 세계 가족들에 대해 교육하는데 중요한 기반이 되었습니다.
기아대책과의 협력관계는 토론에 참여하게 해주었으며, 우리가 선을 베푸는 방법을 변화시켜주었으며,
우리 마음에 복음의 넓이와 깊이를 확장시켜 주었습니다.
특별히 관계성에 관점을 두고 있는 기아대책의 어린이 결연 덕분에 서로 사랑하라는 하나님 말씀처럼
Roba와 그의 가족들을 가족처럼 느끼며 교제할 수 있음이 감사합니다.

여러분도 후원프로그램을 통해서 지금바로 여러분의 삶에서 Roba와 같은 어린이를 만날 수 있습니다.

TOTAL 186
이원상 목사님을 위해 기도해 주십시오
국제기아대책 미주한인본부(Korean American Food for the Hungry International)의 명예이사장이시며 와싱톤 중앙장로교회의 원로목사, SEED 선교회의 국제대표이신 이원상 목사님께서 현재 위중하신 …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-12-02  |  Hit: 4770
[2016 퍼스펙티브스] 볼티모어, 시카고 大개강
국제기아대책 미주한인본부(KAFHI)와 미션파트너스가 주관하는 2016년 퍼스펙티브스 훈련이 볼티모어 벧엘교회(11월 5일(토)~12일(토))와 시카고 갈보리교회(11월 13일(주일)~20일(주일))에서 열립…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-11-10  |  Hit: 5295
amazon.com을 이용하실 때 KAFHI를 후원해주세요.
amazon.com을 이용하실 때 KAFHI를 후원하실 수 있습니다.  smile.amazon.com으로 레지스터하시고 KAFHI를 후원해주세요!!
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-11-07  |  Hit: 4109
허리케인 매튜로부터의 회복 : 아이티 주민 …
허리케인 매튜로부터의 회복 : 장피어와의 인터뷰 현재 아이티가 직면한 큰 슬픔과 도움의 손길에 대하여 말씀 전해주신 Nath Fauvea (MEDAIR, 국제기아대책 협력단체)와 장피어 씨 (아이티 …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-27  |  Hit: 4294
Gift Catalog (어린이 후원 선물 카탈로그)
국제기아대책 미주한인본부(KAFHI)를 통해 어린이 결연(CFCT; Child Focused Community Transformation) 프로그램에 참여하고 계신 후원자께서 결연 어린이에게 특별한 선물을 하고 싶으시다면 아래의 카…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-27  |  Hit: 4144
아이티 재난 구호를 위한 선교음악회
허리케인 매튜로 인해 발생한 아이티의 이재민을 돕기 위한 음악회가 오는 2016년 10월 28일(금) 콜럼버스, 오하이오에 소재한 벧엘연합감리교회(담임 이미란 목사)에서 열립니다. 이 음…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-25  |  Hit: 4225
‘I&I 헤어’, '국제기아대책기구'와 …
‘Business as Mission’의 체험 현장, ‘I&I 헤어’ 국제기아대책기구와 빈곤아동 후원 위한 MOU 체결 한인이 운영하는 헤어 회사가 ‘선교적 비즈니스(Business as Mission)’를 표방하며 작은 …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-20  |  Hit: 4755
아이티 긴급구호헌금 모금
지난 10월 4일 허리케인 매튜가 아이티 남서부 지역을 강타하여 많은 사상자와 이재민이 발생했습니다. 가옥과 농지들이 초토화되고 많은 지역이 고립되어 있으며 콜레라 등 후속 질병의 …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-17  |  Hit: 4767
저는 영향력 있는 선물을 주는 것을 사랑합니…
저는 영향력 있는 선물을 주는 것을 사랑합니다. (I Love Giving Gifts That Make a Difference) 저는 캔자스 주에서 성장했습니다. (오케이, 캔자스 시였고요, 하지만 많은 농장을 봤습니다) 가축이…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-17  |  Hit: 4200
소녀의 소중함 [The Girl Child Matters]
소녀 왜 ‘소녀의 날’을 구분하여 기념할까요? 그 이유는 세계 수백만의 소녀들은 소년들에 비해서 다르게 양육되기 때문입니다. 그리고 많은 경우 그렇게 양육되는 것은 옳지 않습니…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-13  |  Hit: 4298
기도해주세요
허리케인 '매튜'가 카리브해 연안 국가들을 강타할 것으로 보여 자메이카와 아이티, 쿠바 등에 큰 피해가 예상되고 있습니다. '매튜'는 지난 2007년 허리케인 '펠릭스' 이후 대서양에서 발생…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-10-07  |  Hit: 4196
여러분의 자녀에게 가르쳐야 하는 일곱 가지 …
by Jeremy Reis on MAY 26, 2013 in SPONSOR IMPACT 제 아내 제니카와 제가 어린이들을 수년에 걸쳐 후원하면서 배운 교훈은, 저희 부부의 여섯 자녀 (5개월부터 10살짜리)에게 궁핍한 이웃을 돕는 것에 …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-09-26  |  Hit: 4210
회장단 회의
2016년 9월 18일부터 20일까지 Food for the Hungry 국제본부의 Gary Edmonds 회장을 포함한 KFHI, BGEA, KAFHI, 이상 네 단체의 회장단 회의가 국제기아대책 미주한인본부(KAFHI) 사무실에서 열렸습니다.
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-09-21  |  Hit: 4499
부고 - 고 김승의 장로
국제기아대책 미주한인본부(KAFHI)의 설립 이사이시며 인도네시아 쓰나미 긴급구호, 아이티 대지진 긴급구호 등에 앞장서셨던 고 김승의 장로님께서 2016년 9월 19일 오전 9시에 71세의 일…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-09-19  |  Hit: 4509
캄보디아 김영익, 김영수 선교사님 기도제목
캄보디아 별빛 어린이의 집을 위한 기도제목 1. 고등학교를 졸업한 스레이나가 미용학교에 들어갔습니다. 스레이나가 적응을 잘 할 수 있도록 기도해주세요. 2. 이곳에서 키가 가장 크…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-09-14  |  Hit: 4717
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Copyright © Korean American Food for the Hungry International. All Rights Reserved.    Admin