소식 & 이벤트

You Can Bless Vulnerable People With Freedom 당신은 불우한 이웃에게 자유를 줄 수 있습니다
 작성자 : KAFHI
작성일 : 2015-07-08     조회 : 5,140  

(by Luis Noda on JULY 3, 2015 in FROM OUR LEADERSHIP, STORIES, WORLD POVERTY)

What are your plans for this 4th of July, America’s Independence Day? Perhaps you will travel and visit loved ones, or host a barbeque, or simply go outside in the evening to watch the fireworks. As you celebrate this important holiday, take time to thank God for this nation and the blessing of being independent. Having freedom is a prerequisite to the well-being of people.
여러분은 미국의 독립기념일인 이번 7월 4일에 어떤 계획이 있으신가요? 아마도 사랑하는 사람들을 방문하거나, 바비큐 파티를 열거나, 아니면 간단하게 밤에 폭죽놀이를 보러 갈 것입니다. 여러분이 이 중요한 날을 기념할 때, 이 나라와 이 나라의 독립을 하나님께 감사하는 시간을 갖길 원합니다. 자유는 우리가 행복한 삶을 누리기 위한 기반이 되기 때문입니다.

I also encourage you to think about how your blessing of freedom compares to the world’s most vulnerable people, the people with whom Food for the Hungry (FH) works. Consider how those people also pursue of freedom and happiness.
또한, 여러분이 가진 자유가 FH의 도움을 받거나 이 세상의 가장 어려운 환경 가운데 살고 있는 사람들의 자유와 얼마나 상반되는지 생각해 보길 바랍니다. 아무리 어려운 환경 속에서 사는 사람들이라도 모두 우리와 같이 자유와 행복을 원합니다.

How Poverty Robs People of Freedom 자유를 빼앗아가는 가난

Amartya Sen, winner of the Novel Prize in Economics in 1998, mentioned that a state of poverty of a person is normally associated to a lack of a certain types of freedom. The most obvious is the lack of the means to access opportunities to improve a person’s life. This can trap people in poverty for generations. These are the kind of people FH reaches.
1998년 노벨 경제학상을 수상한 아마타 센은 사람들의 가난은 대체로 특정한 종류의 자유가 없는 것과 관련 있다고 말합니다. 이 중 가장 명백한 것은 사람들이 인생을 발전시킬 기회를 접하지 못한다는 것입니다. 이것은 여러 세대의 사람들을 가난에 가두는데, FH는 이런 사람들을 도와주고자 합니다. 

How Vulnerable People Can Be Set Free 어떻게 이 사람들을 해방시킬 수 있을까

FH partners help vulnerable children like this to secure freedom by ending poverty in their lives.
FH helps people access opportunities through exposure to Christian principles, training, facilitation of processes and basic services. We help people access new opportunities through new ways of thinking and actions that can increase their well-being. We do this so that people are less bound to the limitations of spiritual and physical poverty and can experience greater levels of freedom and happiness.
FH는 이런 상황에 처해있는 아이들이 가난을 끝내고 그들의 인생의 자유를 되찾는 것을 도와줍니다.
또, 이들이 기독교적 원리, 훈련, 기본적 서비스들을 통해 여러 기회를 접할 수 있도록 도와줍니다. 우리는 이런 경험들을 통해 그들이 영적 궁핍과 물질적인 궁핍에 영향받지 않도록 하고 더 높은 수준의 행복과 자유를 느끼게 해주는 것이 우리의 바람입니다.

I saw this in a girl in Bolivia whose name I will keep confidential. She was a sponsored child in a peri-urban center (an area between the suburbs and the countryside). FH staff visited this teenager at home and encouraged her to continue school. The staff introduced her to Jesus Christ, and she committed her life to Him. I met her for the first time when I visited her community. In my brief conversation with her, I asked what she would like to do in her life. She said she wanted to finish school and then study at the university level so she could help other children like herself. I was impressed by her answer.
볼리비아에서 만난 한 소녀가 있습니다. 그녀는 근교도시에 있는 FH 센터에서 도움을 받고 있었습니다. FH 스태프가 그녀의 집을 방문하고 학교에 계속 다닐 것을 권하였습니다. 또한, 그녀에게 예수님을 소개시켜 주었고, 그녀는 예수님에게 그녀의 삶을 헌신하였습니다. 그녀를 처음 본 것은 그녀의 동네에 방문했을 때입니다. 그녀와 짧은 대화를 나눌 때, 그녀가 무엇을 하고 싶은지 물었습니다. 그녀는 고등학교를 마치고 대학 수준의 교육을 받아 그녀가 처해있었던 상황과 같은 상황에 처해있는 아이들을 도와주고 싶다고 했습니다. 그녀의 대답은 상당히 인상적이었습니다. 

Last time I visited Bolivia, I saw her again. She had graduated from school and—to my glad surprise—even finished university through a scholarship from FH. Now she works for FH as a community level staff, helping many families and children through her work. In other words, she achieved her goal. She has not only been set free from severe poverty, but she uses this freedom to helps others break free from it too.
가장 최근에 볼리비아를 방문했을 때, 그녀를 다시 만났습니다. 놀랍게도 그녀는 고등학교를 졸업하였고, 심지어 FH 장학금으로 대학까지 졸업했습니다. 그녀는 현재 FH의 일원으로서 많은 가족과 아이들을 도와주고 있습니다. 그녀는 자신의 꿈을 이룬 것입니다. 그녀는 가난에서 벗어난 것뿐만 아니라 더 나아가 다른 이들이 가난에서 벗어날 수 있도록 도와주고 있었습니다. 

CHILD SPONSORSHIP IS THE BEST WAY TO END POVERTY 어린이 결연은 가난을 끝낼 수 있는 가장 좋은 방법입니다.

Happy Independence Day! Right now, before you forget, there are some things you can do to help others achieve similar freedom.
독립기념일을 축하합니다! 지금 당장, 여러분이 잊어버리기 전에, 다른 사람들도 같은 자유를 누릴 수 있도록 당신이 할 수 있는 것이 있습니다.

- Pray for the freedom of all people around the world—political freedom as well as freedom from all forms of human poverty.
이 세상 모든 사람이 모든 종류의 행복을 누릴 수 있도록 기도해주세요.
- Give to programs of organizations like Food for the Hungry that touch the world’s most vulnerable people with the gift of freedom.
어려운 사람들에게 자유를 주는 데 노력하는 공동체들을 후원해주세요.
- Sponsor a child, similar to the one I described in this post, which is one of the most effective ways to end poverty in a child’s life.
위에 적은 글처럼, 어린이 결연은 한 어린이의 가난을 끝낼 수 있는 가장 효과적인 방법의 하나입니다.
어린이를 결연해 주세요.

TOTAL 186
Kingdom of God and Work Life
(by Gary Edmonds on FEBRUARY 1, 2016 in DISASTER RELIEF, FROM OUR LEADERSHIP, WORLD POVERTY) I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. — John 3:3 For the last 30 years, I have made it a discipline to re…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-02-11  |  Hit: 4381
결심: 새해, 새로운 당신 / Resolutions: A New Year, …
(by Sara Chambers on JANUARY 8, 2016 in RESOURCES) 우리는 모두 결심합니다. 우리는 최대한 할 수 있는 것을 다 생각해내며 우리는 모두 결심합니다. 몇몇 결심들은 개인적이어서 마음속에 담아두지…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-01-28  |  Hit: 4822
2015년, 1,300만 명에게 일어난 삶의 변화 (13 Mill…
(by Gary Edmonds on DECEMBER 31, 2015 in FROM OUR LEADERSHIP, WORLD POVERTY) 요즘은 행복한 뉴스 머리기사를 찾기가 어렵습니다. 어떤 좋은 소식이 모든 슬픈 이야기들을 잊게 해주는 그런 뉴스 말입니다. …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-01-25  |  Hit: 4358
KAFHI 명예 이사장 이원상 목사 소식
KAFHI 명예 이사장이신 이원상 목사님께서 지난 해 말 식도암 판정을 받은 후 여러 나라에서 수많은 기도의 동역자들이 함께 기도했습니다. 와싱톤 중앙 장로교회로부터 하나님께서 이원…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2016-01-13  |  Hit: 4539
Transformation Isn’t Just For Sponsored Children 단지 …
(by Bonnie Lewis on OCTOBER 21, 2015 in SPONSOR IMPACT, WORLD POVERTY) As a newlywed and fresh seminary student, I found myself grasping for my own ways to live out the Gospel. My husband and I both grew up in Christian homes and had served, inter…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-11-05  |  Hit: 5028
Who Run the World? Girls!
(by Gary Edmonds on OCTOBER 5, 2015 in FROM OUR LEADERSHIP, WORLD POVERTY) I’ve heard it proclaimed by a modern day influencer of culture, “Who run the world? GIRLS!” No, I do not claim to know the rest of Beyonce’s ballad. But I can sa…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-10-08  |  Hit: 5147
How Dirt Brings Hope and Ends Poverty
(by Mike Meyers on SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 in STORIES, WORLD POVERTY) We’ve all eaten a little dirt. How many times after my kids have dropped something on the floor have I said, “Five second rule!” We pick up the food, look at it,c and if it doe…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-10-01  |  Hit: 4935
Ending Extreme Poverty in Santa Barbara, Peru
(by Karen Randau on SEPTEMBER 14, 2015 in SPONSOR IMPACT, STORIES, WORLD POVERTY) When I tell friends that the goal of Food for the Hungry is to end extreme poverty, I sometimes get strange looks. “What do you mean, END poverty?” Is that even …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-09-23  |  Hit: 5725
KAFHI 명예이사장 이원상 목사 소식
와싱톤중앙장로교회 원로목사이시며 SEED 선교회 국제대표, 국제기아대책 미주한인본부(KAFHI) 명예이사장이신 이원상 목사님께서 지난 2015년 8월 27일에 식도암 판정을 받으셨습니다. 목사님…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-09-01  |  Hit: 6157
시카고 퍼스펙티브스!
KAFHI에서 주관하는 퍼스펙티브스 훈련이 2015년 10월 12일(월) ~ 16일(금)까지 국제위클리프 정민영 선교사, OMF 전 인도네시아 손창남 선교사, 퍼스펙티브스 컨설턴트 조승현 목사를 모시고 시…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-08-20  |  Hit: 6764
The Value of a Name
by Mike Meyers on AUGUST 10, 2015 in STORIES, WORLD POVERTY I find the meaning behind names interesting and important, so it was no easy task to find the right name for each of my children when they were born. We broke out the whole Bible on my th…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-08-17  |  Hit: 4973
The Key to Sustainability
(by Gary Edmonds on AUGUST 3, 2015 in FROM OUR LEADERSHIP, WORLD POVERTY) In over thirty years of traveling around the world and learning about solutions to end poverty, the question that seems to be the most important one to ask is this: Are t…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-08-07  |  Hit: 4978
4 Reasons to Teach Your Child to Lead
by Karen Randau on JULY 23, 2015 in STORIES, WORLD POVERTY When my son was earning the rank of Eagle with Boy Scouts, he attended national youth leadership training three consecutive summers. While he enjoyed being at camp with other boys, he typi…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-07-30  |  Hit: 4688
Do Your Children Believe Anything Is Possible?
by Mike Meyers on JULY 22, 2015 in WORLD POVERTY If you’re anything like me, you tell your children “anything is possible.” Not only do I want my children to believe that, I want to be able to help them prove to themselves that it’s true. …
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-07-23  |  Hit: 5250
Top 3 Reasons to Continue Praying for Nepal
(by Josh Ayers on JULY 16, 2015 in DISASTER RELIEF, WORLD POVERTY) I recently returned from earthquake-torn Nepal with my usual assortment of “remembrances”: a hat (I collect traditional hats from countries I visit), a Nepali calendar (fascin…
Name: KAFHI  |  Date: 2015-07-21  |  Hit: 5117
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Copyright © Korean American Food for the Hungry International. All Rights Reserved.    Admin